It’s not a rock needed to massage and reduce my muscle soreness, but its a ROCK TAPE to ease muscle pain.
So.. What is Rock Tape?
- Sticky, hypoallergenic, water resistant adhesive that won’t fall off during competition
- 180% stretch, helps reduce skin irritation. Also allows fuller range of motion
- Tighter weave, which enables muscle to more easily snap-back to neutral
- 97% cotton, 3% Nylon 6/12, low moisture absorption
- Can be applied to enhance athletic performance using the POWER Taping method (Instructions included in each box)
Tried and tested by Athletes
How does it work?
It is kinesiology tape and is fantastic for treating common sports injuries like shin splints, plantars and runner’s knee. When applied properly, ROCKTAPE lifts the skin away from the muscle, which promotes blood flow. Faster blood flow means more oxygen and more lymph drainage, which helps remove Lactic Acid.
This is me playing tennis. I play tennis thrice a week . That’s why I always get this upper back pain
Let’s look inside the rock tape.
The physical therapist divided the tape into half and placed the tape on parts where there’s pain . And use the tape to put pressure on it.
I find it ok for the first few days. Felt the tightness and its effectivity on the days that it’s totally dry. It did take me 2 days to not take a shower and just use wet towel to cleanse my body just to feel the relaxation it gives in my sore muscles. 1 week of the rock tape in my upper body and a couple of of showers made the upper part slightly lifted. After a week and a couple more days I decided to remove it.
Pros: It reduces the swelling, pain or stiffness. It made a dramatic difference once it is taped Into your skin. And it comes in a variety of colors to match your personality.
Cons: you need a professional to properly set the tape. Else it wont work as well.